Call for Cases
CALL FOR CASES AND PROPOSALS
2018 Annual NACRA Conference North American Case Research Association
October 4 – October 6, 2018
Rosen Plaza Hotel, Orlando
- 11 June Proposals for “New Views” Panels, Workshops, and Symposia
- 18 June Case and Start-up Cases’ Workshop submission deadline at Noon EST.
- 16 July Decisions to authors; Conference registration opens
- 4 Sep Early Registration deadline (Regular conference fee applies after 8 pm EST)
- 14 Sep Conference Hotel rate cut off date at 5 pm EDT
Cases: Cases DUE 18 June, 2016. NACRA’s annual meeting features a distinctive case roundtable discussion format which aims to help authors develop teaching cases that support student-centered discussion-based learning and are suitable for publication in textbooks and refereed journals (such as NACRA’s Case Research Journal). Roundtable participants offer constructive suggestions about each other’s’ cases.
In submitting your case, you are committing to having at least one author attend the NACRA conference and participate in case roundtables on October 5 (begins at 8 am) and October 6 (ends at noon). Authors who submit two cases to two different tracks must have a co-author who will also attend the conference.
Most cases target business school courses (e.g., accounting, entrepreneurship, ethics, finance, HRM, organizational behavior, strategy, technology and operations management, other topics). Cases dealing with educational administration, engineering, health-care management, social work, law, and other topics amenable to student-centered discussion-based learning are also welcome. Undisguised decision-focused cases based on primary sources (interviews, field visits) are highly preferred. Although cases may be disguised, they must be based on real events and real people in real organizations. Submitted cases may have been previously taught, but must not be previously published or accepted for publication elsewhere (journals, books, online) before the October 4-6, 2018 conference. See conference links on NACRA website for submission and formatting instructions (www.nacra.net).
Start-up Cases’ Workshop: Two kinds of authors are encouraged to submit a 2-page start-up case for discussion at this workshop, Thursday October 4 (1-4 pm):
- Newcomers who want to learn how to develop effective teaching cases and instructors’ manuals
- Experienced authors who want advice on instructor manual (teaching note) preparation or on a new case approach — such as an interdisciplinary or multi-media case. In submitting your two- page start-up case, you are committing to having at least one author attend the NACRA conference and participate in the Start-Up Case Workshop on Thursday, October 4, 2018 (1- 4 pm). See www.nacra.net for the link to send proposals for Start-up Cases.
New Views (Panels, Workshops, and Symposia): Proposals welcome. Past conferences included sessions on Teaching with Cases, Case Research for Theory Building and Testing, Interdisciplinary Cases, Multimedia Cases. See www.nacra.net for the link to the 2018 conference website.
About Rosen Plaza Hotel (http://www.rosenplaza.com/): Ideally located on Orlando’s International Drive to 16km from Orlando International Airport, the Rosen is adjacent to the Orange County Convention Center and across the street from the Pointe Orlando shopping and entertainment complex. The location is very convenient to restaurants, shopping and not too far from the theme parks. Their expert staff, well-appointed accommodations and state-of-the-art facilities make this hotel Central Florida’s premier meetings destination.
Transportation: The hotel provides airport and theme park transfer service for a surcharge available 24-hrs. For information, see conference links at www.nacra.net.