“Promoting Excellence in Case Research, Writing, and Teaching”
The North American Case Research Association (NACRA) is a nonprofit, voluntary professional association whose mission is to promote excellence in case research, writing, and teaching in business and other academic disciplines. We seek to accomplish our mission through a set of interrelated activities, including the following:
- Sponsoring an annual meeting for the presentation and improvement of new, peer-reviewed cases and papers on issues related to case pedagogy;
- Publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal, the Case Research Journal, the premier journal for outstanding teaching cases grounded in research;
- Promoting the worldwide distribution and use of NACRA cases in multiple media throughout the world;
- Providing professional development seminars and activities aimed at enhancing skills in case research, writing, and teaching;
- Working to enhance the legitimacy and status of case research and pedagogy within academic institutions and professional associations; and
- Supporting the work of NACRA-affiliated regional organizations and collaborating with other professional organizations having complementary objectives.
(as approved by Executive Board, 2/7/2000)
The revised NACRA Constitution was approved by a unanimous vote of the members on 12 Oct 2019. The number of members participating passed the minimum threshold of 15% on the first day of voting. The NACRA Executive Board welcomes any and all suggestions for subsequent refinements to the NACRA Constitution. Coordinate your suggestions with Linda Swayne who will present them to the ad hoc governance committtee.
Previous NACRA Constitution, Approved August 2006
Revised NACRA Constitution, Adopted 12 October 2019