"Promoting Excellence in Case Research, Writing, and Teaching"
The North American Case Research Association (NACRA) is a nonprofit, voluntary professional association whose mission is to promote excellence in case research, writing, and teaching in business and other academic disciplines. We seek to accomplish our mission through a set of interrelated activities, including the following:
- Sponsoring an annual meeting for the presentation and improvement of new, peer-reviewed cases and papers on issues related to case pedagogy;
- Publishing a quarterly peer-reviewed journal, the Case Research Journal, the premier journal for outstanding teaching cases grounded in research;
- Promoting the worldwide distribution and use of NACRA cases in multiple media throughout the world;
- Providing professional development seminars and activities aimed at enhancing skills in case research, writing, and teaching;
- Working to enhance the legitimacy and status of case research and pedagogy within academic institutions and professional associations; and
- Supporting the work of NACRA-affiliated regional organizations and collaborating with other professional organizations having complementary objectives.
(as approved by Executive Board, 2/7/2000)